What To Expect During Your Home Build or Renovation
Step 1 - Getting to know each other
The relationships we build with our homeowners is just as important to us as the homes we build. Our first step of the process is an in-person meeting where we’ll discuss your vision, job scope, budget, needs and expectations.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Getting Acquainted: We’ll tell you about us, answer any questions you have and ask about you.
- Project Discovery: We’ll ask you questions about your new home or renovation plans to get an understanding of your vision.
- Define Parameters: Here we will define the project scope, discuss your budget and come up with a projected timeline.
- Set Expectations: We’ll set clear expectations with you to ensure we’re not over-promising and under-delivering anything.
STEP 2 - Creating You Specification List
Now that we understand one another, let’s talk about the specifics. Our next step is creating the home building specification sheet for your project. We’ll come up with a specification list and when that’s complete we’ll have another meeting to review the budget, specifications and timeline.
The specifications are chosen based on the following:
- Be tailored to fit your needs
- Fit within your budget
- Focus on all the details
STEP 3 - Let's get started
Now that we’ve ironed out all the details it’s time for us to get to work. As part of our commitment to our customers, you’re our top priority. This ensures your project gets all the love and commitment it deserves.
Here’s what you can expect during the build:
- Our focus is on quality – not quantity. The little details are critical and we want to ensure that nothing is ever overlooked.
- We believe in being fully transparent with our clients and will communicate with you frequently so you always have answers to your questions
- For the duration of the project we’ll have ongoing meetings with architects, designers, homeowners and trades (on-site and off), and continually review the budget and timeline.
- We take a hands-on approach. From the day the first shovel goes into the ground we are on-site daily, doing exactly what we promised.
STEP 4 - Time to Celebrate!
The drywall dust has settled, your dream home is officially a reality and you’re beyond ecstatic with the outcome. Now your only job is to enjoy what we created. But that certainly doesn’t mean our job is done.
As a RareBuilt homeowner your satisfaction is still our top priority and we strive to maintain excellent relationships with all our clients, past and present. That’s why we want you to know, we’re here for you.
For the next two years we’ll be there to help if you’re not sure how to change the furnace filters, shut off hose bibs, touch-up your drywall or need a hand with other home related tasks. Because we believe in treating your home like it was our very own.
Frequently Asked Questions
Building a custom home or an extensive renovation is an exciting time with many questions that may go along with it. Below are some common questions we get from our clients.
What are the benefit of building a custom home?
A: When you build a custom home, you know you are getting exactly what you want with the best design, floorplan and style rather than a prebuilt home.
You also may have found the perfect piece of property where you can build your dream or custom home to suite your desires and needs customizing your home to your natural surroundings.
How long will it take to complete a home renovation?
A: There are so many variables to consider when evaluating how much time your renovation may take. This is all dependent on many decisions of the project such as, how large and vast the scope of work is. Also, what custom features, design elements and materials will be incorporated. At RareBuilt Homes, we keep open and timely communication and schedules.
When is the best time of year to build?
A: In Calgary and throughout Alberta, we certainly get a fair amount of winter weather. When building in those months, we do consider the elements and take precautions and scheduling into the building schedule to avoid delays. Ground work typically does have to wait for warmer temperatures. This is a great time for planning, ordering materials to ensure your custom home or renovation is exactly what what you want.
Should I hire an interior designer or an architect firm myself?
A: At RareBuilt Homes, we look after absolutely everything from start to finish, we have the best venders and partners in the industry throughout Calgary and Southern Alberta. Working closely with all of our partners, we are there every step of the way (literally).
However, if there is a specific designer you’d like to work with, we will work together to ensure your project is built to the highest level with the design aspects you are after.
By registering you consent to RareBuilt Homes LTD. and their respective current and future affiliates and subsidiaries contacting you regarding their current and future products and services, event invitations, newsletters, announcements, promotions, incentives, and other publications. Rest assured that none of this information is sold or distributed to any other parties. You may withdraw consent at any time.